Hello Friday, I’ve been waiting for you! This weekend a big work project will finally be finished. I can’t wait to breathe a sigh of relief. Hope you have a good weekend, and here are a few of my favorite posts from around the web this week.
1. Ikea recently came out with a mirror that delivers compliments. I guess you can never have too many positive affirmations.
2. I’ve started reading J.K. Rowling’ new mystery series, written under the pen name Robert Galbraith. I’m enjoying her writing style, which is very different from the Harry Potter series.
3. This weekend, Nick and I are attending a semi-formal masquerade party. The only catch being, we’ve done absolutely nothing to prepare! Our small town doesn’t exactly have a store stocked with fancy masks and accessories, so last night I scoured the internet looking for an easy DIY tutorial. Looks like tonight, we’ll be playing with paper mache!
4. What is it about people these days and carbs? No one is eating them! While I know eating too many processed foods and simple carbohydrates is unhealthy, it’s certainly not healthy to avoid them altogether. With the change in the weather, I’m looking forward to making stews with a side of homemade bread. This recipe, recommended by my friend Misti, is a favorite I’m pulling back out for the season. It’s impossible to screw up and is basic enough to serve as a flavor vehicle for add-ins like fresh herbs.
5. I follow a few celebrities on Instagram. I like getting little glimpses into the personal lives of the rich and famous. Mindy Kaling’s pictures and captions have me convinced we need to be best friends. Now how to arrange a chance meeting…