Baby, it’s cold outside! Like, real cold. Not that Seattle is known for its sunny climes, but temps in the 30s prior to Thanksgiving are still a smidge chillier than what we’re used to. Not to mention that my tolerance for the cold has plummeted since I moved back here from Chicago (a move that was prompted in part by the apocalyptic nightmare that is Chicago winter). However, the sudden mercury drop has given me the chance to bust out my winter beauty products a little ahead of schedule. Here are some of the updates I’m making to my beauty routine this season.
1. This time of year calls for darker lip colors, and I adore Fresh Sugar Lip Balm in Passion, a deep and vibrant burgundy.
2. While we’re on the topic of lips, using a good scrub a couple of times a week will ward off winter dryness, keeping your pout soft and lipstick-ready. Sara Happ Lip Scrub in Crème Brûlée is a deliciously decadent option.
3. Your face needs extra attention in the winter too, and GLAMGLOW Hydrating Treatment replenishes moisture while smoothing your skin with raw honey and coconut.
4. Arquiste No. 57 is the perfect winter fragrance–its blend of whiskey, cedar and vanilla notes is simultaneously sexy, earthy and warm. You’ll be sniffing yourself all day, and so will everyone else (but not in a creepy way…I hope).
5. I get serious with my moisturizer in the colder months, and Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Moisturizing Cream isn’t messing around. It’s rich yet light and absorbs easily, but even better, it has the most delicate scent that’s basically the aromatic equivalent of a day at the spa.
6. Red nail polish is a year-round necessity in my book, but a deep blood-red is a winter staple. This year I have my sights set on RGB Nail Polish in Scarlet.
7. Liquid liner is a great way to elevate your eye makeup game this season, and Hourglass Calligraphy Liquid Liner in Ebony is one of the best. A fine liquid line can give you an instant air of sophistication, and this liner is fairly easy to apply–but be careful, because once it’s on, it doesn’t budge!
8. You guys know I love shimmer, but around the holidays I take it to the next level. NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow in Dione is the perfect champagne shade for the gilt-obsessed among us. Pro tip: apply it wet for a bolder, more intense metallic look.
9. Dry winter air can be harsh on your scalp, and MoroccanOil Dry Scalp Treatment is incredibly soothing and restorative. As an added bonus, it leaves your hair delightfully shiny.
10. The exfoliation parade continues with Caudalíe Crushed Cabernet Scrub, which, if it was not evident from the name, is a wine-inspired scrub. A WINE-INSPIRED SCRUB. Can you imagine anything better?! (No. You can’t.) It’s a powerful and gritty exfoliator, but it also leaves your skin silky smooth and luxuriously hydrated. And it smells lovely.
11. Okay, so I haven’t actually tried Nest Moroccan Amber Body Cream yet. But sometimes you see a product and you just know, you know? You know somewhere deep in your soul that it is the product for you. (I think it may be the grown-up version of this Bath & Body Works lotion that I’ve been wearing for ten years.) Anyway, I definitely prefer a richer body cream over lotion this time of year, and this one is at the top of my list. I promise to test it out and give you a full report!
What are some of your favorite wintertime beauty products?