Is it just me, or are the days going by way too quickly? Between work, Christmas shopping, and holiday parties, there just doesn’t seem to be enough time to fit everything in. This year for Christmas, all I want is Hermione’s Time Turner. Although the time I’ve spent browsing everyone’s Christmas gift guides this year is probably part of my problem…culprits A, B, & C (of many).
In case you need any more reasons to get sucked into the vortex that is the internet, here are my favorites from the week.
1. Into the Woods premiered in New York City this past Monday, and it has me all worked up for its release in theaters on Christmas Day. If you haven’t seen the preview yet, watch it here. I love that musicals are having a comeback!
2. Apparently Monday was a big day for a lot of people. Starbucks opened its new Reserve Roastery and Tasting Room in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood. The new “concept store” has been described as a “Willy Wonka experience” or “coffee theater.” Sorry PSL fans, it’s not on the menu here!
3. In royal celebrity news (the best kind), Will and Kate have been in New York all week and for the first time in a long time, I’ve been bummed that I moved away. Kate’s style, updated classics, is always spot-on, as is her hair. New York Post came out with a great guide to her wardrobe from the week and where to get it.
4. Dreary weather always triggers my yearn for an exotic trip. For the last few months, I’ve been living vicariously through a couple new to me travel bloggers: Alex in Wanderland and Christine in Spain. I also enjoy A Little Adrift, but she hasn’t updated in a little bit. Is it weird that I like reading travel blogs written by women around my same age? It makes it that much easier to mentally substitute my face for theirs in all the pictures.
5. As I mentioned earlier this week, I am trying to kick my sugar addiction. Five days and counting. Woo hoo! This cookbook recently came out, and I am excited to snatch it up next time I’m near a bookstore.
Happy Friday Y’all! XOXO!