Happy New Year, friends! I’m technically still on vacation (I return to the real world on Monday), but I couldn’t resist popping in to say hello to you lovely people. How was everyone’s holiday? Mine was low-key (the evening included wine, playing cards with the family, and a Cary Grant movie marathon), and a mellow night was just what I needed!
I’m normally not big on New Year’s resolutions (why wait until January 1st to make changes in your life?), but what can I say, this year I’m feeling slightly more inspired than usual. Here are a few of my favorites from the week that tie in with my resolutions for 2015.
1. Travel to a place I’ve never been. Whether it’s a new state or a new country, I want to make travel more of a priority in 2015. (I’m looking forward to planning some girlfriend getaways with Jules this year!) This article examines the way millennials are investing in travel more so than previous generations, both as a means of exploration and career advancement. (theatlantic.com)
2. Cook more. When I get busy, the first thing I cut out of my routine is cooking at home. I’ll go straight for the takeout menus every night, and while it’s a huge time saver, it gets expensive pretty quickly. I’d like to try more new recipes this year, like this one for yummy roasted red pepper & tomato soup. (abeautifulmess.com)
3. Get organized at home. I’m typically a very organized person, but from time to time I get lazy about keeping my apartment tidy and ordered. Time for some
spring winter cleaning! Check out these great ideas for organizing your vanity/bathroom counter. (thebeautydepartment.com)
4. Save more money. This one pretty much speaks for itself (and it will help with resolution #1). I’m definitely feeling the post-holiday pinch, so I was delighted to come across these 10 ways to save $1K in 2015. Many of them seem totally doable…but ask me again in a couple of months! (refinery29.com)
5. Take your pleasure seriously. This is less of a resolution and more of a code I live by, but I think it’s an excellent mantra to formally adopt as I head into 2015. I’m pretty much the queen of relaxation; it’s so important to make time to enjoy yourself every day, whether it’s a glass of really good wine, a post-work pedicure at your favorite spa, or just an hour with your phone turned off while you read a book. Treat yo’ self! You deserve it! (etsy.com)
Are you making any resolutions for 2015? I hope your year is off to a fantastic start!