Ah, January. Now that the holidays are behind us, there’s nothing on the horizon but months upon months of dark, desolate winter weather. (I may need to move closer to the equator.) Between the general dryness of the air and the perils of hat hair, it’s not the best time of year for your tresses. But don’t despair! I’ve rounded up my favorite products for the winter season so you can keep your hair sleek, shiny and static-free.
1. I try to carry a mini tube of Caviar CC Cream in my purse at all times, especially in the winter months. A small dab of this worked through dry hair after styling will smooth and hydrate your locks, as well as give your style light hold and eliminate static. You can also use it throughout the day as a sort of hair touch-up. Hats, do your worst!
2. Oribe Superfine Hair Spray is, like most Oribe products, a total godsend. This stuff somehow holds your strands in place while keeping your hair super soft, brushable and never crunchy. It doesn’t provide hardcore hold, so I would recommend something else for elaborate updos, but in my book it’s definitely an everyday essential. Plus, you’ll never find another hair spray that smells this lovely.
3. If shine is what you seek, then Kérastase Cristalliste Lumière Liquide is your holy grail. This super-lightweight serum will give you amazing shine without weighing down your strands. I typically like to smooth it through my hair right before I curl it; just a drop or two is all you need.
4. Bumble & bumble Repair Blow Dry is a serum-infused cream (serum-infused cream! Did you guys know that was a thing?) that actively repairs split ends while protecting your hair from future heat damage. It even helps speed up blow drying, and leaves your hair incredibly soft and smooth. Hello, new favorite product.
5. Yep, there’s another Oribe product on this list, because I’m completely obsessed. Whether you have highlights or all-over color (or are simply in need of some intense conditioning), Oribe Masque for Beautiful Color is a deep hydrating treatment that will protect against fading, strengthen your strands and impart glossy shine. At $59, it’s definitely a splurge, but one tub will last you a very long time–I use mine about once a week and I’ve had it for over a year!
6. When it comes to beauty, I think we can all agree that the French know what they’re doing. From what I can tell, French brand Phyto’s Lightweight Hydrating Oil is well-loved by pretty much everyone who has tried it. As a recent convert myself, I can confirm that it’s a miracle in a bottle for fine, dry hair. Apparently when the smoothing powers of a cream join forces with the nourishing capabilities of an oil, the result is a truly glorious leave-in conditioner. Added bonus: it’s 98% botanical. Oh, and Phyto also makes a richer version of the oil for thick hair!
What hair products are you into right now? I’d love to hear your recommendations!