Happy Friday, lovelies! What are you up to this weekend? My week has been crazy busy, and I’m thoroughly looking forward to a low-key weekend. My plans are to sleep in ridiculously late, catch up with some dear friends…and oh yes, check out Jules’ new pad! She and her husband found a place so quickly that I’m pretty much convinced they are real estate wizards. I’m sure she’ll be giving you the full scoop soon, but until then, you can pass the time with some of my favorite links from the week. Enjoy!
1. These 7 at-home tips will help you achieve glowing skin without spending a fortune on fancy treatments. (byrdie.com)
2. Proper English ladies + a lewd American card game = hilarity. Watch the women of Downton Abbey play a round of Cards Against Humanity (it’s totally worth it just to hear Mrs. Hughes utter the words “bitch slap”). (popwatch.ew.com)
3. These fresh decorating ideas have me in the mood for an apartment overhaul. (apartmenttherapy.com)
4. On a related note, did you resolve to de-clutter your life this year? I’m intrigued by this Japanese approach to closet organization. It seems a little drastic, but highly effective! (luckymag.com)
5. Now that Christmas is over, my kitchen is sadly devoid of baked goods. This recipe for Brooklyn Blackout Cupcakes is just what I need to pull me out of my post-holiday baking funk. (blog.anthropologie.com)
BONUS: This attempt at scheduling a night out with a friend is the funniest thing I’ve read all week! (“We are, like, the subprime lending crisis of hanging out.”) Go read it, then share it with that one friend who’s always impossible to pin down for happy hour. (newyorker.com/magazine)
Have a fabulous weekend!