Guys, I’m not feeling so hot. I’m writing to you from a cocoon of blankets on my couch, and I have to tell you my only goal in life right now is getting back into bed and sleeping for at least 14 hours…though admittedly I always look forward to returning to my bed, even when I’m not under the weather. Is anybody with me on that one? Here are a few of my favorite bedtime essentials (plus a couple of things on my wish list).
1. Have you tried pillow mist? If you’ve had a stressful day, or just have trouble falling asleep, this lavender and chamomile spray will instantly relax you and help you drift off into dreamland. I’ve gotten so attached to this stuff that I’m convinced it’s partially the reason I have trouble falling asleep in new places. They need to create a travel-sized version already!
2. A plush robe is a must-have, especially in the winter. This lightweight fleece option will keep you cozy and warm for every horrible minute you have to spend out of bed.
3. I’ve been looking for a new eye mask, and I have my sights set on this one. It’s both comfy and glamorous (and reminds me of something an old-school Hollywood starlet would wear).
4. Just because you’re asleep doesn’t mean your beauty routine comes to a halt! Formulated with shea butter and coconut oil, this sleeping mask moisturizes and retexturizes overnight so you wake up with super smooth, glowing skin.
5. Wearing shearling slippers is basically the equivalent of wrapping your feet in a cloud. These Uggs are insanely comfortable and make me hate getting up in the morning just a little bit less.
6. There are few things more wonderfully indulgent than snuggling down under a faux fur blanket (eating Nutella straight out of the jar, maybe). Toss a couple of these luxurious throws on your bed and sleeping in will go from guilty pleasure to indisputable necessity.
7. I wish I could say I’m the kind of girl who wears pretty, lacy sleepwear to bed…but in reality I’m more likely to hit the sack in yoga pants and a ratty old college tee that’s more holes than fabric at this point. I’d like to up my game with a sexy yet comfy chemise, like this one from Eberjey.
What are some of your bedtime necessities?