Happy Friday, friends! This week has been a long one, and I’m extremely excited for a leisurely weekend. Jules and I have some exciting V-Day activities planned, including a delightfully cheesy rom-com marathon and possibly some DIY craftiness. We’re also going to scope out her new neighborhood (I hear there’s a chocolate café)! Don’t worry, we’ll give you the full scoop. Now, let the countdown to the weekend begin with this week’s Friday Faves!
1. Donating your gently used clothing to Goodwill is commendable, but if you’re in need of a little extra cash (who isn’t?) check out this guide to making $1,000 in a month selling your clothes on eBay. You can use the proceeds to hit up the Nordstrom Clearance Sale. It’s the circle of life! (theeverygirl.com)
2. Have you visited any of the world’s 20 most beautiful bookstores? There’s one in Buenos Aires converted from a 1920s movie palace that uses theater boxes as reading rooms. It makes Barnes & Noble seem a bit underwhelming in comparison. (flavorwire.com)
3. These festive cocktails are perfect for Valentine’s Day. How adorable are those heart-shaped ice cubes? (mackenziehoran.com)
4. This history of high heels is fascinating. Did you know they were originally worn by men as a sign of dominance? In the words of Dita Von Teese, “Heels…will put the fear of God into people.” (racked.com)
5. I’m very content living where I do, but every so often I get the urge to drop everything and run off to some sunny, exotic locale. These reasons to move to Thailand are pretty compelling…dirt cheap luxury living, delicious street food, and some of the most amazing beaches in the world? Yes, please! (greaseandglamour.com)
BONUS: Australia’s oldest man has a hobby, and that hobby is knitting tiny sweaters for endangered penguins who have been affected by oil pollution. Okay, that’s officially the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard. (boredpanda.com)
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and a very happy Valentine’s Day!