Happy Friday everyone. I hope you had a wonderful week! Although, depending on where you live, you may have spent the better part of the week buried under a snowdrift. Somehow, the weather in Seattle has magically been sunny and wonderful, so I’ve been getting in lots of walks while I can. Our dogs currently love me.
Wherever you are and whatever you’re doing, have a great weekend and enjoy my Friday Favorites from around the web.
1. My husband loves musicals. He knows the lyrics to almost any show you can name. Thanks to one of McSweeney’s latest lists, I now have insight into his love of “Sweeney Todd.”
2. I don’t know if you’ve heard, but the Oscars are this Sunday. If you’re not already burned out on the hype, check out this cool infographic highlighting memorable gowns worn by iconic actresses over the years. If you need help with some last minute party planning, visit our Oscar posts: here, here, and here.
3. For your weekly boost of girl power, I offer you a study identifying female senators as better dealmakers than their male counterparts. So when are we getting our first female president, huh?
4. SNL celebrated its 40th anniversary this past Sunday with a multi-hour star-studded event. After a somewhat sleepy past few seasons, it was a joy to laugh once again at Steve Martin, Amy Poehler, et. al. Here is New York Post’s roundup of the show’s top eight moments. I particularly loved Melissa McCarthy’s impression of Chris Farley doing his motivational speaker bit.
5. Fashion bloggers from around the world have spent this week flitting from one designer’s show to another’s. While what’s on the runway is supposed to take center stage, the street style at Fashion Week events has become an increasing focus. Elle has a great roundup of pics from the week.