Hello, hello, hello! Friends, I have to tell you that it’s really been a great week. The sun has been shining. I’ve been spending some quality time with my girl Jillian Michaels. Oh, and I finally got a job! Whoop whoop! I have one more week of freedom and then it’s back to the grindstone. What should I do with my final week of freedom? Binge watch movies? Sleep in until 9am? So many options! While I enjoy brainstorming fun activities, I hope you enjoy my picks for this week’s Friday Favorites.
1. As you know, House of Cards Season 3 was released last week and everyone spent their weekend holed up on the couch with their phones on silent. Last season brought up some interesting topics around gender politics, and season three has kept these issues going. I enjoyed this take on the parallels between Clare Underwood and the political landscape women currently face. Be warned – spoilers ahead.
2. Am I the only one who feels just a smidge of pressure when it comes to using Instagram? My feed is a stream of beautifully framed and lit photos that elevate the everyday. Are my yellowy pictures of my decidedly unglamorous life going to just ruin the aesthetics of everyone’s feeds? Well the good news for me is that the Glitter Guide just shared tips on how to take the perfect Instagram picture.
3. The ponytail is one of the few hairstyles I’ve mastered. Twenty years and going strong! Unfortunately the ponytail rarely cuts it when we have a wedding or fancy fundraiser to attend. Well, hopefully now that’s changed thanks to this cute black tie ponytail tutorial. I’m off to buy a black ribbon this weekend!
4. What do you do when you first get home from work? Dump everything on the stairs and head straight to the fridge for a snack? Take your laptop to the living room and immediately start doing more work? Whatever your current routine is, I suggest taking a look at this list of 5 ways to have happier evenings at home. It’ll get you thinking about what you currently do, and maybe should stop/start doing.
5. Today, I saved the best for last. Or the weirdest for last. New research has revealed that people subconsciously sniff their hands after a handshake. So watch for that next time you meet someone new. Science is the best!
Happy Friday! XOXO!