Happy Friday, friends! Who has fun plans for the weekend? Jules and I are embarking upon a much-anticipated café crawl in her new neighborhood on Saturday, and on Sunday I’m brunching it up with some girlfriends. All in all, it’s shaping up to be a very food-centric weekend (no complaints here). Now let’s dive in to some of my favorite links from the week!
1. This faux PSA is part of an ad campaign entreating us to “save the bros” from the horrors of chemical-filled protein shakes. Because without bros, “who would consume 100% of our nation’s Axe body spray? What would happen to Las Vegas, or the beaches of New Jersey?” Food for thought, people! (mashable.com)
2. If you didn’t spend last weekend binge-watching The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (and getting its insanely catching theme song stuck in your head), then you’re living your life wrong. Here’s why you should be watching the hottest new show on Netflix. (hellogiggles.com)
3. Have you guys ever had Thai iced coffee? I just tried it for the first time yesterday and oh my god. It’s delicious! Made with condensed milk and cardamom, it’s somehow sweet, bitter and subtly spicy all at the same time. Yum. (foodchannel.com)
4. If you’re anything like me, you’ve got a stash of Girl Scout cookies in your pantry that could last you through the apocalypse. You’ve also spent a significant amount of time wondering what wine would go best with which cookies. Well, wonder no more, because this chart of Girl Scout cookie & wine pairings is here to tell you the pour that will perfectly complement your plate of Thin Mints (psst, it’s Pinot Noir). (thrillist.com)
5. Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson walked the runway in the Valentino show at Paris Fashion Week to announce that Zoolander 2 is officially happening! Derek and that damn Hansel (he’s so hot right now) will both appear in the sequel, set to hit theaters in February 2016. I cannot wait. I remember watching the original in the theater with Jules back in 2001! (variety.com)
Have a fabulous weekend, everyone! I hope it’s full of sunshine, friends, and orange mocha frappuccinos!