Happy Friday, everybody! What’s shaking this weekend? The Game of Thrones premiere is two days away, just in time to fill the hole that the Walking Dead has left in my Sunday night (but not the one in my heart). Seattle Restaurant Week kicks off this weekend, and I’m excited to try someplace new. And I’ve got another clothing swap tomorrow, which reminds me, I need to weed through my closet at some point…procrastinate with me and enjoy a few of my favorite links from the week!
1. Over the course of 50 years, Albert Podell achieved something that’s on the bucket list of every ambitious traveler: visiting all 196 countries on Earth. In this interview, he discusses the weirdest foods he’s eaten, the time he was almost lynched, and how to judge a country by its toilet paper. (nationalgeographic.com)
2. Speaking of travel, check out these 10 amazing travel apps to help you with everything from packing to navigating the subway in 137 different cities. (worldofwanderlust.com)
3. Here’s one for you Game of Thrones fans: Jon Snow as possibly the worst dinner guest ever. (Well, ok, admittedly Joffrey would be the worst.) You know nothing about small talk, Jon Snow! (dailydot.com)
4. These 20 creative spring party themes will inspire you to plan your own festive fête as soon as possible. Who’s up for a gelato tasting party? How about a glamping-themed backyard bash? (stylemepretty.com)
5. Treat yourself this weekend with one of these DIY beauty recipes for flawless skin. The exfoliating breakfast mask actually sounds pretty tasty… (thecoveteur.com)
Have a fabulous weekend!