Happy Friday, friends! What are you up to this weekend? It’s supposed to be a bit drizzly here, but the dreary weather can’t break our spirits because there is sunshine in our future…Jules and I are headed to San Diego for a girls’ getaway at the end of May! We are beyond excited to lay on the beach, soak up some sun, and embark on a quest to find the best tacos in Southern California. We’ll definitely share more about our travel plans later on (and of course solicit suggestions for where to find the aforementioned tacos), but for now let’s dive in to some of my favorite links from the week!
1. I never realized what my life was missing until I came across this recipe for crispy avocado fries with melty cheese dip. (joythebaker.com)
2. Did you know there is a secret apartment in the top of the Eiffel Tower? After decades of being off-limits, it’s now open to visitors. (atlasobscura.com)
3. In this article, blogger-turned-entrepreneur Jillian Bremer gets real about the challenges and the joys of starting her own vintage jewelry business. It’s a very honest look at the first few years of small business ownership, and a great read for anyone who might want to take the plunge and work for themselves. (designsponge.com)
4. This tutorial from genius stylist Anh Co Tran may be the best guide to styling the long layered bob (aka The Lob) that I’ve found so far. Beachy, tousled perfection is just a few steps away! (refinery29.com)
5. We’ve all seen those Instagram pics of artfully arranged workspaces, complete with token Anthropologie initial mugs holding pretty pens and vintage gold scissors (#bloggerlife). In this roundup, 16 people share the “real” state of their desks…some more believable than others. (bustle.com)
Have a wonderful weekend!