Even though we’re grownups now and we no longer get the summer off (undoubtedly the cruelest twist of adulthood), I still tend to think of the entire season as a sacred time meant for lazy beach days, spontaneous road trips, and reconnecting with friends. Summer in Seattle is glorious, and it’s always been my favorite season – but this year I’m even more excited since Jules and I will be experiencing it together for the first time in ages! So, to ensure we don’t forget anything, we put together our very own super official Summer Bucket List (which I reserve the right to embellish as necessary):
1. Enjoy a picnic at Gasworks Park, watching the seaplanes and sailboats go by
2. Lounge in the sun at Golden Gardens
4. Watch a movie outdoors. There are so many options this year…I vote for Raiders of the Lost Ark. Or Grease!
5. Try the gelato at Fainting Goat in Wallingford
6. Shop for art and homemade treasures at the Bellevue Arts Fair
7. People watch at the Fremont Solstice Parade
8. Indulge in some day drinking at Kirkland Uncorked
9. Rent a boat for the afternoon (or maybe jet skis)!
10. Find the most spectacular view of the fireworks on the Fourth of July
11. Sample cuisines of the world, from funnel cake to pho, at Bite of Seattle
12. Round up some friends for a beach bonfire at Alki (s’mores are mandatory)
13. Take a ride on the Cycle Saloon
14. Pick up some fresh produce at the Ballard Farmers Market and cook something yummy
15. Close out the summer at Bumbershoot, Seattle’s biggest and best music festival!
We’ve got our work cut out for us, but I can’t wait! What’s on your summer bucket list?