When summer arrives in Seattle, it puts everyone in a good mood. We may deal with perma-drizzle and grey skies the rest of the year, but our summers are pure bliss. For that reason and so many others, this time of year has always been my favorite. Besides sitting outside and soaking up the sunshine for the next three months straight (which sounds like a pretty solid plan, actually), here are a few of the things I can’t wait to do this season.
1. Wear bold, vibrant lip colors. NARS Heat Wave, how I’ve missed you!
2. Find the perfect little white sundress
3. Make rosé slushies
4. Get my Shark Week fix, perhaps with some themed snacks
5. Take off on a weekend road trip
6. Dine al fresco as much as possible (rooftop deck at Terra Plata, I’m coming for you!)
7. Read a book (or four) on the beach
8. Attend the Bite of Seattle (Jules and I missed it last year because we were meeting Emily Schuman! Worth it.)
9. Master the art of self-tanning (has anyone tried these?)
10. Get in the water. Lake, pool, backyard sprinklers…it’s all good!
Obviously there’s so much more (making s’mores, watching the fireworks on the 4th of July…) but these are just some of the highlights.
What are you looking forward to this season? Do you have any special summer traditions?