This week I’ve had food on the brain with Easter candy piling up on our kitchen counter and Sunday brunch plans on the docket. Easter is one of my favorite times of year, so I’m looking forward to this weekend. Are you doing anything festive and fun? Interpret festive and fun as broadly as you’d like, as many folks think eight hours of March Madness fit into this category. Yes, basketball, the true reason for this Sunday’s celebrations… On that note, have a great weekend and enjoy this week’s mostly edible links!
1. This time of year always puts me in the mood for entertaining. I love having friends over for a laid back brunch or dinner at our place. Paper & Stitch‘s spring blogger brunch has me lunging for the “Pin it” button so I can recreate everything.
2. This week we celebrated my father-in-law’s birthday by cooking him a healthy dinner, followed by gorging ourselves on copious amounts of Costco chocolate cake. We broke out this well loved cod and chorizo recipe from Real Simple, and it was a hit!
3. Cadbury Creme Eggs are high up on my all-time favorite candy list. I avoid dairy, but every year I throw caution to the wind and indulge in at least one, if not two, of these jewels of deliciousness. This Taming Twins recipe for Creme Egg Rocky Road has me reaching for the Lactaid.
4. As I’ve shared before, I try to plan out our meals for each upcoming week to make sure we stay on track with our health and financial goals. It’s easy to always lean on your go-to favorites, so I’ve been reading through Happy Fit Mama’s meal plans to get some new ideas.
5. After all the eating and entertaining, who wouldn’t need a break?! I’ve started giving craft subscription boxes as gifts to a few of my friends who have been trying to get more creative. I just discovered The Messy Box, from A Beautiful Mess, this week and am excited to try it out. Everything Elsie and Emma touch is too cute.