In case the ridiculous amount of commercials for Garry Marshall’s latest movie haven’t yet tipped you off, Mother’s Day is right around the corner! Time to come up with a game plan, people. Is anyone else’s mom really hard to shop for? Mine can be a challenge since she’s so unmaterialistic (it must skip a generation, because I’m basically a shopping addict). Fortunately, my shopping skills come in handy here. So if you don’t have any gift ideas yet, don’t worry – I’ve got you covered!
1. Whether she’s a beauty junkie or not, your mom will appreciate a luxurious facial oil like this one from Drunk Elephant.
2. She already knows she’s the best, but a little reminder of that wouldn’t hurt.
3. Despite being a fairly traditional gift, this beautifully packaged bubble bath is anything but generic.
4. Give your mom the gift of quality time and take her to a concert! Bonus points if that concert is at a winery.
5. If she’s an iced tea lover, this sangria-inspired blend is destined to be her new favorite.
6. Engrave a necklace with her kids’ initials – or maybe the coordinates of the house where you grew up – for a gift that’s sweet and meaningful.
7. If she’s been very good this year (and you received a giant tax refund) consider the greatest gift of all: a fancy espresso machine!
8. These cute pineapple jars are perfect for storing anything from sweets to sentimental trinkets.
9. If you and your mom both like to cook, give her a book filled with fun recipes you can work your way through together.
10. Treat her to something she’d never indulge in herself, like silky soft pajamas in a stylish otomi print.
11. A beach vacation may be out of your budget, but this classic, fresh fragrance is a close second to the real thing.
My mom reads this blog, so none of the above will be her actual gift (hi, Mom!) but I’m planning some fun surprise activities for Mother’s Day weekend. What about you?